The cellars of the Mosel Wine Museum in Bernkastle-Kues treat you to more than just historical facts. Handed a glass, a three-page list of 140 wines, and a pencil, I took my job in good spirits. Overwhelmed, I asked for the sweetest wines which narrowed down my task a little. The numbered list corresponds to the descriptions of each wine and winemaker posted on the wall and to the open bottles in the wine coolers for tasting. I made a lot of pour decisions. The more I tasted the more I realized why some labels included braille (low light in the cellars and all). Other than that I can’t remember a thing except I wished you were all there to enjoy it with me! Note to self: my favorites were Spatlese (late harvest) Riesling wines with a low alcohol content of 7.5%. I think. I might have to go back.
I'm glad the puns are starting to appear more frequently!
ReplyDeleteYou need us to share the bounty. We don’t want you to fall off the wagon ( bike).
ReplyDelete